On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 14:47, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

> > I have a few disabled accounts defined just to allow me to wear
> > different "hats" in my IT role, such as IT, Postmaster, Abuse,
> > Hostmaster, etc. Allowing my primary account to use aliases would
> > eliminate the need for all the excess account info.
>
> How? you already have the accounts created, if we changed it you would
> just have to create it again and it wouldn't have solved a thing.

Your assumption is that I've created all the accounts I'll ever want. In
fact, I've avoided using good reply addresses because it's so painful to
make a dummy account just to hold one piece of information, the
alternate alias I want replies to come back to.

> Also - have you given any thought to how this would be presented to the
> user in the composer? I doubt it.

Your telepathy isn't working very well. I've been giving a great deal of
thought to how it should work.

How about this: I should be able to copy an existing account and then
edit the copy. And in case you're having trouble figuring out how that's
supposed to work, you put a Copy button after the Edit button in the
account list page, open an account edit dialog with the information from
the copied account and the name blank.