On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 01:06, Mark Logan wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I've been seeing 2 problems for the past few weeks.
>
> First of all I've been getting a freeze several times per day.  I'm
> using IMAP and evolution will freeze requiring a killev and restart to
> get going again.
>
> The messaged displayed when hanging is:
> Fetching summary information for new messages (100% complete)
>
> It doesn't freeze every time it fetches the summary information, but
> when it does freeze, that's where it is.

If you can, attach to the evolution-mail program, and get a backtrace of
all threads.

i.e.
ps | grep evolution-mail
look for the process id which doesn't have a parent process id of
another evolution mail (usually the smallest number).
gdb evolution-mail pid
where pid is the process id, gdb should automatically 'break' the
process and give you a prompt:
(gdb) thread apply all bt
get the backtrace.

Submit it with a bug report on bugzilla.ximian.com.

Are you using ssl?

> Second (and fairly minor), dragging and dropping to the shortcut bar
> seems to be somewhat broken.  If you drag from the message view directly
> on to the destination folder, it works.  If you drag on to the shortcut
> bar and then try to move up and down to the destination folder, it won't
> let you select the correct folder.

Yeah i noticed this yesterday trying to reproduce a bug.  Not sure if
its a 'known' bug though.