Le mar 03/09/2002 à 20:19, Romain a écrit :
> Hello again,
>
> News:
> I've just removed all evolution packages, and rm -Rf'ed the ~/evolution dir.
> I reinstalled evolution (1.0.8-3mdk) and went on again with gdb etc.
> In case it's not clear, as it appeared in your last message, gdb is not
> locking up my machine, evolution is. I'm quite definite about that.
>
> I just tried something else.
> I straced evolution-mail, then ran evolution (strace showed the trace
> progressing as new threads of evolution-mail were loaded)... and, it went
> fine.
>
> What I'm trying to highlight here is this :
> Evolution ran on it's own crashes while attempting to save attachment to
> disk.
> BUT :
> if evolution-mail was loaded before with gdb or strace, the attachment save
> goes fine.
>
> This is the most I could get, so maybe you can sort something out of this
> strange observation.
> Obviously, I won't be able to get you a trace of the crash, because
> everytime I trace it, it works fine ...

These crashes might be caused by our way of packaging software : by
default, all packages in MandrakeLinux are fully stripped.. And it can
cause gdb to have a strange behaviour..

Try rebuilding evolution package from the source package and add
export DONT_STRIP=1 in the evolution specfile, just after %install
line.. It will prevent spechelper to strip evolution and you should be
able to have a better stack trace..

You should also check if all your packages are correctly installed.. I
had a crash report somehow similar 2 or 3 weeks ago on cooker mailing
list by one user who had badly installed packages..
--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft