Hi Not Zed,

Just providing another data-point.  I updated to the Beta on my home
machine (not this one because I need Connector on it) and all my
"mailing list" and "source account" filters stopped working.

Andrew.

On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 06:58, Not Zed wrote:
> because of the  way filter on mailing list works, you really should use
> the menu option.
>
> its because there is no standard way to degfine mailing lists, so we
> check a number os possibilities, and then generate a token which
> represents the list.  assuming the list software doesnt change, this
> should be a relatively robust way to identifuy messages sent to that
> list.  because of this, it may not be obvious, from direct visual
> inspection, which 'token' will be selected. in some cases its the list
> address, in others an admin address, or even an admin url.
>
> a way to check -> do a 'create filter from mlist' on an exampe
> badly-matched mesage to see what its comimng up with, and then cacnel
> it.
>
> of course, it could just be a bug
>

> On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 18:58, Mertens Bram wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have defined a filter that moves all message from the ximian mailing
> > lists that contain attachments to a certain folder, however this filter
> > also causes some messages in my inbox that were not sent to the mailing
> > list but do contain attachments to be moved to that folder.
> >
> > I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong here before submitting
> > this as a bug.  The filter is defined as follows:
> > Execute action if all criteria are met
> > Mailing list contains @ximian.com
> > Attachments exist
> >
> > Move to folder
> > stop processing
> >
> > (I created the filter and the rules from the filter window, I did not
> > use the "create rule from message" option.
> >
> > I checked the source of the messages but the word ximian is nowhere in
> > the headers or the body.
> >
> > Is this filter invalid or is this a bug? If it is a bug what should I
> > include in the bug-report? The message is quite big because of the
> > attachment...
> >
> > TIA
> > --
> >  #  Mertens Bram "M8ram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Linux User #249103  #
> >  #  Red Hat Linux 7.3  KDE 3.0.0-10  kernel 2.4.18-3  i686  128MB RAM  #

Andrew Plumb | Sales Applications Engineer
Analog/Mixed-Signal IC Design Tools
Cadence Design Systems (Canada)
Voice:  613-726-2883
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work GnuPG Key ID:  FE313719
GnuPG Key Server:  wwwkeys.pgp.net

Useful Customer Tech Tidbit:  "Beginning in January 2002, for
IC 4.46-only, Maintenance Software Releases (MSRs) replace QSRs;
each MSR receives full Product Validation testing."
See:  http://sourcelink.cadence.com/docs/files/releases/2001443EOR2.htm