ons, 2002-10-09 kl. 19:33 skrev Dieter Kluenter:

> > The latter entry fails and asks for authentication over and over, while
> > the former just works, after I've authenticated to the exchange server.

> That depends on the authentication method, your ldap server is
> probabely requiring strong authentication and evolution is not able to
> handle strong authentication yet.

> > I wanted to open a bug on this, but I don't want this "hole" to get
> > closed per se so I can't use LDAP at all, rather I would like the latter
> > to be fixed so it does work.

Dieter,

You've written all that to help some poor b*gg*r whilst your conclusion
is completely wrong:

> That is not a bug in evolution but a matter of your ldap server's
> access configuration.

It's a rotten, filthy, great big bug in Evolution which stops Evolution
ever competing with Microsoft Outlook and it's all Ximian's fault (no
Ximian names, no Ximian pack drill.)

There is namely *nothing* wrong with the server, or any other Exchange
server, it follows rfcs 2222 et sequitur to the letter.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"There are many people who can't face the truth ... If you rob a
normal person of life's lies, at the same time you'll be robbing
him of his happiness."

>From Henrik Ibsen's "Vildanden", "The wild Duck."

e-post:         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www:            http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key: http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:       (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:         (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981