You probably have an incompatible version of gtkhtml.  In my experience
evolution 1.0.8 will not work with versions newer than 1.0.4.  You can
download the source from  ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/
On your system it may be called gtkhtml1.  I don't use RedHat so I don't
know where the package can be found.