Hi,

I've always liked top posting for summary replies. It's like
geology...if you want to know the past, then you dig down. Also, the
mail headers themselves are a series of top posts by the mail software.
Makes it all kind of harmonious. :) This is only my preference. I've
seen too many flame wars about this on newsgroups that don't end up
serving any purpose.

Signatures, I trim if I remember, but it seems less an issue if one top
posts because then you won't need to scroll through them unless you
forget the thread and need to reference down. If I point-by-point reply,
then I'm more likely to remember to trim unnecessary material from the
message body. I'd prefer the software to not strip the signatures.

John

--
John S. Weber
[EMAIL PROTECTED]