Where I work we use Corporate Time (Steltor, now Oracle) which has
clients for Windows, Linux/Unix and possibly Mac, as well.  There's also
a web interface for road warriors.  They have Palm OS conduit software,
too, but only for Windows (Bah!)  The Corporate Time suite is not open
source, but is a product that works.

Dick