On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 15:18, Mark Neill wrote:
> On 30 Oct 2002, Dan Winship wrote:
> > This was true in the bad old days, but in these enlightened times, all
> > sane widget toolkit implementors (including the gtk and Qt hackers, plus
> > mozilla, XEmacs, etc) know that the One True Cut and Paste Behavior is
> > the one discussed at http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/clipboards.txt
> >
> > So things should only get better from here on out.
>
> And when they get better, Evo and other applications can finally have a
> globally working cut-and-paste.  Until then, though, it's the fault of all
> the window managers for not implementing said common API.

Actually, the hard issues about cut/copy/paste aren't actually related
to this. They are more related to the difficulties of getting the
Cut/Copy/Paste menu items to be bound to all widgets, despite which
process they belong to.

Or, at least, this is the way I'm seeing the more difficult issues.

Jeff

> :)

Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.