tor, 2002-11-07 kl. 11:06 skrev Chris Toshok:

> It's not like creating them and maintaining them with a different tool
> will help with evolution.  You might very well find that your chose
> schema isn't easily convertible to the one evolution ends up using (when
> it eventually starts doing distribution lists over ldap).  BTW, what
> sort of template/objectclasses are you using for them?

I don't make schemas, I don't use attributes, I just make a group put
people into it and tell Evo 1.0.8 and thus Exim 4.10-8 to mail it.

Actually, that's not quite right. F.ex. my members group looks like
(remember that this is Openldap 2.1.8 and that I configure my own Exim
for LDAP lookups):

dn: cn=localmailgroup,ou=people,ou=groups,dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl
objectClass: top
objectClass: nisMailAlias
structuralObjectClass: nisMailAlias
cn: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
rfc822MailMember: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
rfc822MailMember: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
rfc822MailMember: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
rfc822MailMember: evy
rfc822MailMember: tonye
rfc822MailMember: torgeir

-- etc.

Those without qualified mail addresses are fictive local users, LDAP
Posix accounts or /etc/passwd. And Landis.nl is bankrupt and dead long
ago, and the Demon.nl users don't exist, so don't spam.

> Show me an email client that actually does contact lists over ldap (not
> active directory) and I'll be happy to interoperate with them.  Show me
> a schema that doesn't get the LDAP extremists up in arms and that
> doesn't (like groupOfNames) require me to fire of N individual queries
> for a list with N entries, and I'll consider using it.

Not groups, just people - like Mozilla 1.2. Groups you do with the
actual Unix MTA (smtp server).

> Until you can show me either of these things, or until I can come up
> with examples of my own, or until someone orders me to just get this
> done regardless of the ramifications of creationg another crappy schema
> ala evolutionPerson, this will remain on the back burner as far as I'm
> concerned.

I don't *need* you Chris, or any other Hungry people, for that matter -
I provide my own solutions. But others obviously do need you.

> So yes, I am working on this.

Well good for you, fellow.

Best,

Tony