On Monday 25 November 2002 12:56 pm, Mark Gordon wrote:
> 1) What distribution are you running?

Red Hat 7.2 (Kernel 2.4.18-18, KDE 2.2.2-2, Gnome 1.2)

> 2) When you say "Red Carpet", do you perhaps mean the Ximian
> Installer? If you're not clear on the distinction, can you indicate
> how you launched this program?

OK.  I'm not sure of the distinction between the Ximian installer and
Red Carpet.  I thought Red Carpet was the name of the Ximian installer.
 Anyway, I launced it following the "easiest" instructions on the web
page.  I su'ed to root.  Launched "links" with the URL indicated on the
page (my system has the "links" text browser instead of "lynx")  I
followed the instructions, selecting to install Evolution only rather
than the Ximian Desktop.

My system now has Red Carpet installed in addition to Evolution.