On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 16:21, Ray Hunter wrote:
> Is there a way to run a script that would populate the reply-to with the
> list name?

I know enough about perl to know that it can accomplish this, but not
enough to write that script.  The script would have to identify the
message by the X-mail-list flag as belonging to the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
list.  Then, it would rewrite the reply-to header.  A fairly simple job
for someone who knows perl.

> I know that you can run shell commands in the filters, could a script be
> set in there that would somehow change the reply-to in the email to the
> list name?

Right, the filter would run your script on [EMAIL PROTECTED] emails.

> I am not that familiar with the under workings of evolution to know what
> needs to be changed...

The filter set up in evolution would be simple.  It is the perl script
which requires some working perl knowledge.  That's because the reply-to
header is in the message; it is not something peculiar to evolution or
any other MUA.

--
Arthur S. Alexion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC