On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 00:58, Not Zed wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 05:20, Ibraheem Umaru-Mohammed wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way to set read messages as hidden by default? I get tired of
> > changing folders and when returning, the first thing i do is hide the
> > read messages.
>
> It should remember the ones you've already hidden.

It does, but only for the currently running session.

> But you could try using a virtual folder with only unread messages in
> it.  It will get re-synced whenever you change back to it and
> automagically remove any newly-read messages.

This is a neat. I couldn't work out how to create a virtual folder with
only "unread" messages directly, but I was able to create a filter which
moved read messages to another folder, which indirectly meant the
corresponding virtual folder only had unread messages.

> > Secondly, are the keybindings configurable at all? When reading a
> > message selected in the index, we get a preview of the message contents.
>
> You dont get a preview, youy get the whole message.

Ok,
        s/pre\(view\)/\1/

> > I want to be able to press PgUp, or PgDn keys to page up or down the
> > message. What currently happens, is that the next or previous message is
> > selected, which is the same action as the Up and Down keys.
>
> You can use space and backspace for this.  Although some keybindings are
> configurable, i think these are handled by the display code internally
> and are not currently :-/

I wasn't aware of the space and backspace. But I am finding myself
changing the way I work to suit Evolution, and there isn't much
configurability to get Evolution to work the way I want it to.

> > Thirdly, is it possible to configure your attribution string when
> > responding to messages? Just wondering if the quote string and/or the
> > attribution strings are configurable,
>
> Not that i can tell.

Will it ever be, do you know?

> > Finally, I'd like to configure a key sequence to a shell command, with
> > the results inserted into my message. For example, coming from Mutt
> > (vim), I would read in the output of a command such as boxes, into my
> > message...is there a way I could achieve this in evolution, or perhaps
> > achieving something similar other than inserting a text file or
> > whatever?
>
> I dont believe so, you have to do it via an intermediate file :-/

Ok.

Thanks for your responses.

Kindest regards,

                        --ibz.