Oh, I don't know anything about that.  Someone else mentioned (in this
thread) something about libungif or some such, and Not Zed suggested
maybe you need to upgrade gtkhtml, but I think that's probably not the
case if you're only having trouble with .gif files.  Sorry, I personally
don't know what to suggest.

Good luck
Eric

--
I have nothing against the American people...
...but it is time for a regime change