On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 14:10, Ian Watkinson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 17:22, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 17:20, Marco Tabini wrote:
> snip
> > For those who can easily install software on the computer receiving
> > their mail: use procmail and spamassassin and bogofilter (both are free
> > Software).
> >
> > My setup:
> >
> >  - mail comes in
> >  - mail goes through bogofilter
> >  - mail goes through spamassassin
> >      a spamassassin rule gives a score if bogofilter said it's spam.
> >  - mail goes through bogofilter in learning mode
> >      trains bogofilter according to the opinion of spamassassin
> >  - mail goes through procmail filtering, sorting mail into folders.
> >
> > spamassassin 2.5 will make bogofilter obsolete, I hope.
> >
> > cheers
> > -- vbi
>

> Any pointers on how you setup Evo to look at your mail folders, or more
> specifically, how I can go from "default" to this setup?

Best if you let it check incoming mail *as it is coming into the inbox*.

First make sure the spamassassin daemon is running.  Called spamc.
Next create a filter in Evo.  Mine is

Pipe Message to Shell Command | /usr/bin/spamc -c | returns | 1
Then
Move to Folder | "Spam" in Local folders

That's it.

Read two manpages spamassassin and Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.

Edit and use ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.

> Thanks in advance.

No problem
--
Arthur S. Alexion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>