Jeff Becker wrote:
Steve Wise wrote:

Jeff, I'm running on the ofed-1.4 ofed_2_6_27 branch. Building against a 2.6.27-rc1 running kernel that has nfsrdma configured. I then build/install the ofed drivers with nfsrdma configured in the ofed tree. This _should_ effectively "replace" the xprtrdma and scvrdma modules from the 2.6.27-rc1 tree with the ofed built versions. It apparently is not doing this. The result is an oops when you try to use nfsrdma because the header files for key rdma structs are different from the 2.6.27-rc1 kernel includes and the ofed-1.4 includes. It appears that the nfsrdma modules are _not_ getting installed by the ofed makefiles. EG I don't see an xprtrdma.ko in /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/updates/kernel/net/sunrpc/xprtrdma. I only see on in /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/net/sunrpc/xprtrdma.
Hi Steve. Thanks for finding this. Actually, I had only tested the base nfsrdma build/install on 2.6.26. I then switched to working on backports, and haven't had a chance to sync up my tree with the 2.6.27-rc1 stuff. I'll do that as soon as I can.

Note there are no backports for 2.6.27-rc1. I think this is makefile/bldenv issue. I'm willing to debug this.

Also, i'm going to be taking Tom Tucker's fast-reg patches and adding them to ofed-1.4#ofed_2_6_27. I'll try and get all this working on 2.6.27-rc1. How does that sound?

Also, did you include the nfsutils package in ofed-1.4? We'll need that for mount.nfs.

Thanks!

Steve.