On 16/10/14 10:19, giggzounet wrote:
Hi,

We have a small cluster with centos 6.5 and infiniband. OFED is
installed and infiniband is working. The nodes get their IP with DHCP.

At boot openibd is started without error. But the description of each
node is "localhost", which is quite annoying. If I do a restart of
openibd at the end of the boot, the description is set to the "correct"
hostname (n01, n02,...).

I think it is a "problem" with the DHCP. At the start of openibd, the
node has no IP. But I'm not sure.

Is it a classical problem? Is there a way to solve it?

Regards,
Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

There is a workaround for this issue in the /etc/init.d/openibd script (which
loads OFED drivers upon boot).

You can increase the value of NODE_DESC_TIME_BEFORE_UPDATE parameter in the
/etc/infiniband/openib.conf file to postpone the node description field update:

# Wait for NODE_DESC_TIME_BEFORE_UPDATE sec before node_desc update

NODE_DESC_TIME_BEFORE_UPDATE=10

Regards,

Vladimir