On 01/29/2017 06:08 PM, Amrani, Ram wrote:

Hi Arlin, All,

Towards regression checks, I’m trying to install the latest daily build of OFED 4.8 on RHEL 7.2 and have a couple of questions –

1.The install.pl script fails due to a ‘ninja’ rpm requirement.
I know rdma-core uses it, but does OFED too?
I wasn’t able to get ‘ninja’ but I did find ‘ninja-build’.
Anyhow, commenting it out I successfully install OFED…

2.I read below that iSER was backported.

However, even when installing with a ‘--all’ I still don’t see iser/t being installed.
Actually, I haven’t seen any iser/t files included.
What am I missing?

Thanks,

Ram Amrani

Cavium

Hi Ram,
1. ninja requirement can be ignored on RHEL 7.x. You can run: "./install.pl --all --without-depcheck" or use newer OFED (starting OFED-4.8-20170130-0444) which does not require ninja on RHEL.
2. iSER was backported and it is a part of compat-rdma RPM:
# rpm -ql compat-rdma | grep ib_iser
/lib/modules/3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64/updates/drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/ib_iser.ko

Regards,
Vladimir