Our workbooks are protected.  In order to use the workbooks you must
enable macros.  This worked fine until we started revamping for FY09.
We have code in Thisworkbook that hides all sheets except for a
warning page that states " you must enable macros".   I found that I
could make the following registry edit:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Security]
"ExcelBypassEncryptedMacroScan"=dword:00000001

But that is not an option for us..  In tests if I open the workbook,
see the warning screen, unprotect the workbook, then close it, and
reopen it all is well.

What can I do to keep my workbooks protected, yet, allow my users to
enable macros when they open them?  We have code in the workbooks to
ensure they remain protected when the workbook is closed.  I thought
about removing that, and once they enable macros, protect the book,
then leave it protected until they clse it, then unprotect, right
beofre it actually closes.