Ladies & Gents:

I’m an experienced excel user (10+ years) and have encountered a
problem that I cannot figure out.  I’m creating a tool where there is
a free text area where the users will input a list of locations (up to
60 values that can repeat and are in no particular order - some cells
can be blank as well).  Various analysis will be done on this data on
a row by row basis and I need to create a list of these locations
which is deduplicated and alphabetized on another sheet for summary
calculations.  I know that utilizing crystal reports one can utilize
their array formulas to do a similar thing, but I cannot figure out
how to do this in excel.

Below is an example of the data:

Washington, DC
Arlington, VA
Washington, DC
Washington, DC
Washington, DC
Cary, NC
Paris, FR
London, UK
Raleigh, NC
Raleigh, NC
Atlanta, GA
Raleigh, NC

The output I’m looking for is:

Arlington, VA
Atlanta, GA
Cary, NC
London, UK
Paris, FR
Raleigh, NC
Washington, DC

Ideally I’d like this to be formula driven rather than macro driven.
I know that if I do my summary in a pivot table I can accomplish much
the same thing but would like to avoid that as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Dave