Dave:

Thanks for your response. I tried this solution but ran into
performance issues.  There are 10 columns that hold values and
sometimes hundreds of rows of data.  There are also approx. 20,000
valid ICD9 codes that this is validating against.  Moving around the
spreadsheet caused serious delays.

Robby