Hi Rajesh,

If memory serves, if you open a workbook that is set to 'automatic
calculation', then open another workbook that is set to 'manual
calculation' in the same session of Excel, then both workbooks will be
set to manual calculation.

I say 'if memory serves' as this doesn't seem to occur in Excel 2007
(which I now use), but I'm pretty sure it occurred in Excel 2003.

Regards,

Chris

On Feb 26, 7:36 am, Lavprasad Kori <lavprasa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rajesh,
>
> For the Calcuation Setting you have to go to *Tools - Options - Calculation*
> **
> In calculation pane there is options of :
>
> *Automatic*
> *Automatic except table*
> *Manual*
> **
> I hope this is useful to You.
>
> Regards,
>
> Lavprasad Kori
> MIS Executive
> Hindustan Unilever Limited
> Mob : 9867931351
>
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Rajesh Srinivasaraghavan <
>
> taur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have come across instances where the calculation settings have got
> > modified from Calculation to Manual. I found this issue when my colleagues
> > ask me why there are not able to see results of a formula (when they drag
> > the formula down). My colleagues had no clue about this settings & so i am
> > sure they did not change the settings!!
>
> > Anyone with an explaination?
>
> > Regards
> > Rajesh
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Lavprasad Kori
> MIS Executive - Water
> Tel. 022 - 39833428

1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com