HI thanks
i m not able to get it. Can you pls. help me by using that formula in excel
sheet and attaching it. So that how its to be used without errors.
Regards,
Shelly

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Frans2134 <frans.elsendo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Shelly,
>
> You could try the following
>
> use the formule:
>
> =VLOOKUP($B20,INDIRECT(Filename&"Pivot-ST'!$B$5:$I$398",8,0)
>
> create a cel named "Filename" and put in here the the name of the
> workbook.
> ''[ABC ltd billing data - Jan''09 Final.xls]'
> (note the dubbel '' in the text)
>
> For the next month you only have to change the filename in
> one cell.
>
> Succes,
>
> Frans
>

> On Apr 16, 10:40 am, Shelly Mehta <shellyme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > Pls. help/ advice on the following query:
> >
> > *Background: *
> >
> > I have to prepare invoices (approx 250) every month (eg. Month of Jan)
> which
> > I link with the Pivot sheet as a supporting for each month. I have made
> one
> > sheet (attached) which I copy and move to another file every month (eq.
> Feb
> > pivot details).
> >
> > *Query:*
> >
> > But in that case I always have to change the formula marked in yellow (in
> > the sheet attached) that means approx 250 times.
> > Is there any easy way out to replace the formula rather than making
> changes
> > 250 times. Pls. suggest in case if there is a easy way out apart from the
> > one i m following.
> >
> > Thanks in anticipation.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Shelly Mehta
> >
> >  book invoice.xls
> > 189KViewDownload

Shelly Mehta
Chartered Accountant
9323556033

1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com