Dear Aindril,

Thanks for ur help,
but this formula is not giving desired result. please try again.

Thanks Again
Regards
Mayank Patel
ITC LTD
9822978041
9422749110

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Aindril De <aind...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Mayank,
>
> You seemed to be almost on track with the formula you had written, however
> you have to add the trick of finding duplicates on the same formula.
>
> I have updated the formula and it seems to be working properly now.
>

> =IF(OR(OR(AND(C8=C9,C8<>C7),AND(C8<>C9,C8<>C7)),OR(COUNTIF($B$8:B8,B8)=1,COUNTIF($C$8:C8,C8)=1)),1,0)
>
> Please let me know if it helps.
>
> Regards,
> Andy
>
>   On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:01 AM, Mayank Patel <mkpat...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Dear Friends,
>>  I Sincerely appreciate your suggestions. But i think in both the
>> solutions in column C is taken in to consideration Nowhere Data in the
>> column B is considered. My problem is little complicated. it is not
>> necessary that the same values will come next to each other, and i want the
>> result which is linked with column B also as if the Name in the column B
>> changes it must recalculate the Result. I am again attaching the file with
>> some different combinations.
>>
>> I am having some 4 files with around 50000 rows each of such kind of data,
>> so there could be N number of combinations in it.
>> Please revert back if u need some more information.
>>
>> Regards
>> Mayank Patel
>> ITC LTD
>> 9822978041
>> 9422749110
>>

>>   On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:39 PM, Ahmedhonest <ahmedhon...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>  Dear Fabio Lemos,
>>>
>>> I appreciate your solution to the Query but may i know the logic of this
>>> formula how it works plzzzzzzzzzzz
>>>
>>>  *=IF(C8<>C7,1,0)  <------------- Explain this plz*
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Ahmed

>>> --
>>> Ahmed Bawazir

1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com