Hi Harish,

Check if this problem occurs only with Excel.  If not, then go to Task
Manager (Alt + Ctrl + Del) and check how many programs are running in
background and how much is the memory consumption by them.  Now you can
control them as per your needs.
For windows, Go to run and type "msconfig" and now you can control the
programs to run automatically or to run in background

Other way could be, check your startup folder and remove the un-wanted
programs from there.
If you find issues with this, then Alternatively, you can go to run and type
"regedit" and search that program and remove it from the machine.

There may be other issues and then there may be other solutions as well. Let
me know if you have some.

Thanks,.
--
DILIP KUMAR PANDEY
  MBA-HR,B COM(Hons.),BCA

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Harish <bhatibablu.ms...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a 2 MB workbook containing multiple sheets, formulas. A toolbar
> have been also implemented and status bar also is being used in VBA
> code.
>
> My problem is that I try to save the excel file,  it takes too much
> time(around 40 sec) in saving.
> Machine also hang-ups when this excel file  is being saved.
>
> Initially I thought that Workbook_BeforeSave()  takes much time,but
> after analyzing I came to know that this function also consumes very
> less time(around 1 sec).
>
> Please help me to solve this issue.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Harish

1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com