I know it has to be done with a macro.  I'm just not sure how (and if
it is possible) to use the find method and search in rows hidden by a
filter.

If you have an idea let me know.  Thank you.

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 1:11 AM, Nishant Jain<nishantjai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> this is possible if you want to use macro... i hope you can develop
> one, but if not let me know...
>
> On Jun 6, 2:29 am, Anon Ymous <youcanthavemyemailaddr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hello.  First post here (and first post to a Google group).  I have
>> been a long time user of the Ozgrid forum, but I am against the idea
>> of paying to post.  Hopefully I'll find some nice and helpful people
>> here. :)
>>
>> Ok, so the find method works on visible and hidden rows depending if
>> you use LookIn:=xlValues or xlFormulas; however, it does not work on
>> hidden rows caused by a filter.
>>
>> I have a range that is filtered, and I want to find a value in a
>> column that may or may not be the filter criteria (and thus hidden).
>> I do not want to show all the data, do the find, then reapply all the
>> filters again.
>>
>> Ideas?

1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com