Hi Marty

  I think uplaoding the file to FTP server is not within the range of Excel
vba work. it is the FTP client that does this.

 1) You should have a FTP client that uploads files to server.
 2) There is auto-update function in the FTP client . so once you point the
folder where the file is, then the FTP client will uploads those files in
that folder to FTP server automatically at schedule time.

   There are many free FTP client you can download

   I just think this is easier than doing it in VBA

Cheers

Yu Zheng

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 1:06 PM, MartyH <martyn.ho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I currently have a macro that takes data from a spreadsheet and
> reformats it to a pipe delimited .txt file then saves to a location on
> my C: drive.
> I then manually place the file on an ftp server - is there any way
> that I can save the file direct to the ftp server or move it from my
> C:drive to the ftp server?
>
> I have read a few articles on API that seem to suggest a solution but
> my VBA understanding isn't quite to the level where I can fully
> undersatnd the code in published examples and thus tweak it to my
> exact requirements.
> Any help would be freatly appreciated.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> MartyH

1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com