I don't think I can do it using "standard" Excel functions.
but I threw together this function:

Option Explicit
Public Function Find_Str(Search_Text, Data_Array As Range)
    Dim Data, fflag
    fflag = False
    For Each Data In Data_Array
        If (UCase(Data.Value) = UCase(Search_Text)) Then
            fflag = True
            Find_Str = Data.Address
            Exit For
        End If
    Next Data
    If Not fflag Then Find_Str = "Not Found"
End Function

if you put it in a VBA module, you can then use it like:

=Find_str(A1,Sheet1!A1:C6)

Paul