Hi,

I have a Hyperion Addin installed in my system, To give a background
about the system. Hyperion is a financial management software. Its Add-
in helps the users to retrieve data of particular accounts on the
excelsheet according to parameters set.

Problem:

The Add-in is like a menu on the Tollbar, just similar to the file
menu we have. There is a refresh button on this toolbar, which
refreshes the worsheet[According to the parameters pre-set on the
sheet].

I have designed a loop which changes the parameters on the worksheet,
once the loop is complete. And Sendkeys method has been used to
refresh the sheet to view the data. The actual problem lies here. The
refresh button takes some time to pull the data on the sheet. Can we
have something to pause the loop for a while, and to resume the loop
once the data has completly downloaded?

I have used the Wait method, but that doesnt work!

The code is as follows:

<Macro Code-------starts here>
Sub TotalSolutionFullsheet()

Dim Entity As Range
Dim CountNo As Variant

Dim RngEntNo As Range

Set RngEntNo = Range("rngEntityNo")

For Each CountNo In RngEntNo

'This line helps to input the new parameter
    Range("RngTargetCell").Value = CountNo

    Call testrefresh

    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Collate _
        :=True

Next

End Sub

Sub testrefresh()

Application.SendKeys "%yr", True

End Sub

<Macro Code-------ends here>

If i input the parameters manually, i can successfully run the
testrefresh macro, it helps me retrieve the data. But if i run the
loop, it will not let the macro to hold down till the time data gets
downloaded in the cells.

Please advice

Thanks

Harpreet Gujral
1. Follow us in TWITTER for tips tricks and links :
http://twitter.com/exceldailytip
2. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com