Could you please attach an excel worksheet for the problem you are facing.

Regards,

C.G.Kumar

-----Original Message-----
From: excel-macros@googlegroups.com [mailto:excel-mac...@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Philip
Sent: 01/February/2010 5:26 PM
To: MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS
Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ Dynamic criterion range for Advanced filtering

To automatically track the criterion range area for advanced filtering
when adding a value on the next row in the criterion range (so that I
can filter Value A OR Value B), I want to make the criterion range
dynamic.  However, when repeating the Advanced filter command after
inputting Value B on the second row, the Advanced filter command makes
the criterion range static again, e.g. :

The dynamic range correctly tracks the criterion range to be two rows
for Value A (Heading row and first value row).  Now I add Value B to
another field on the second value row.  When repeating the Advanced
filter, the criterion range has been converted to a static X1:Y2 range
(for two fields).  I want the criterion range to remain dynamic to
track the range as now X1:Y3.

How do I overcome this problem, without resorting to VBA (which is an
easy work around but does not give me the flexibility I want.)

------
2. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com

If you find any spam message in the group, please send an email to:
Ayush Jain  @ jainayus...@gmail.com
HELP US GROW !!

We reach over 6,700 subscribers worldwide and receive many nice notes about
the learning and support from the group.Let friends and co-workers know they
can subscribe to group at
http://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros/subscribe