Thanks Seema and Paul, for posting your reply to my problem.

I am aware of the fuctionality to import data from text files.

Seema: the file you have attached is the exact point from where i have
my problem, i need to modify the input data from here.

If you see at Column A: you will find the following:

Row 1: states the column headings

Row3: i.e. "Open Ended Schemes(Balanced)" [This is one type of data in
the file]

Row5, 10,17: are the Scheme Names [or companies that have Row3 kind of
schemes]

Row7&8: are two sub schemes available under the company [Baroda
Pioneer Mutual Fund]

Now, the problem i am facing is as follows:
I need, Company Name, Scheme Type, in front of every Sub Schemes, so
that my data becomes adequate to apply Autofilter on.

Please help, or advise on how to approach this problem

Thanks

Harry

2. Join our Facebook Group @ http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=287779555678