Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 12:41:21 +0530
Subject: Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ Help in Separate the Num & Alpha in a cell into
another two cells
From: ankit.agrawal...@gmail.com
To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com

I did not get it what does it means? i m newly in excel, so plz decribe it

thanks & regards
ankit

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Dave Bonallack <davebonall...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,
You have custom formatting in the both of your main data columns, which means
that only the numeric value is entered. (Select one of the cells and see what
appears in the formula bar). The units are done with the formatting. So you
only need a simple =A2 sort of formula in a cell with general formatting to
return the value. Returning the unit can't be done with worksheet formulas, I
don't think. You'll need VBA to copy the formatting of each cell to the new
column, which will display the unit.
Regards - Dave.