Dear Alan
Apply tis formula and your problem will be over.
VlOOKUP Function needs 4 parameters your 1st,2nd,& 4th parameters are
correct but in the 3rd parameter (Column no.) you supplied the column
address that is $E:$E. I have just changed it to column no. 2 which is
second column of your table where you want to look up for data.

=VLOOKUP($A2,$D$2:$E$9,2,FALSE)

Hope that helps!

Warm Regards,

Pranav