I am having a problem with a forumla I am hoping someone out there can
help me with.

What I am trying to do is use a vlookup to give me the amount of
unique stores attributed to an email address.  OR if it is better to
use one of the many SUM options (which one?) to create an additional
column to get the SUM I am looking for on WORKSHEET 2 and then use a
vlookup to pull that data into WORKSHEET 1?

WORKSHEET 1
Column1 = email address
Column2 = ****This is the column I want to show the number of unique
stores that are attributed to the email address**** (There is a many
to many relationship.  Many email addresses can be attributed to many
stores.)

WORKSHEET 2 - The stores.
Column1 = email address
Column2 = store_name