We recently upgraded to Excel 2007 from Excel 2000. I have a VB6 app
that uses Automation to start Excel, loop thru a lot of workbooks
opening each of them and then check various things in the workbook. It
worked fine in Excel 2000 and uses Application.Visible = False and
Application.DisplayAlerts = False. I now find that Excel 2007 pops up
a "progress bar" form with a Cancel button when opening some of the
files (maybe where the size of the file exceeds some value). The files
are in the "old" XLS format. Does anyone know of how to stop this form
from appearing?

Have tried googling but could only find the DisplayAlerts = False
which I am already using.

Thanks

Simon