Hi,

Just saw your query and the solution both. Doing this would be simple
though.

> Then you have formed a separate drop down column in G2 putting the months as
> reference - *How did you do this particular step??*

This step is done through data validation. In Excel 2007 you can find
this in Data tab on the ribbon. In 2003 version it can be found in
Data menu. Select List in the Allow: drop down box and in the source
you type in 1,2,3,4....12 click on OK and you will have a drop down
box

> *It also seems that you have done conditional formatting in the main table.
> But how is that only the month which am sorting is showing red in
> colour??You need to explain me this step too.

Correctly guessed it is conditional formatting in the main table. In
the Select a rule type select "use a formula for cells to format" in
the formula type =Month($D2)=$G$2 in the format section choose the
font and fill type for the cell and you are done.

In case you need further explanation feel free to reach me at
anand...@gmail.com. Hope that helps,

@Dave : Perfect solution. Neat and clean work, my appreciations for
the solution

Regards