Hi,

 Please find the attached solution. In sheet one I have two validation
lists, which is taking data from Sheet2. Sheet2 has named ranges.
 Hope this will help you. With the help of Named Range and Indirect formula
you can do this very easily.

Regards,
Deepak Rai

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 7:33 PM, sharath sambrani <
sharath.c.sambr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two columns A and B.
>
> column A contains list of tasks and column B contains sub-tasks
> against each primary task.
>
> i would like to have two drop down cells in column C and D.
>
> whenever i select an option in the dropdown in cell C1, the list in D1
> should show only the sub-tasks that belong to the respective primary
> task.
>
> eg: in the attached spreadsheet, if i select "Admin / Reporting" in
> the list, in the other cell only the following sub-tasks should
> reflect:
>
> follow-up and reminder mails for Onhold/Offline/PCR records
> Metrics reports (for SKAs and above)
> Workplan preparation (for SKAs and above)
> Logistics for training (for Training SKA)
> Updating time entry reports
> Updating project tracker (for SKAs and above)
> Monitoring Service Desk (for SKAs and above)
> query resolution time b/w QA and KA
> query resolution time b/w KA and SKA
> Monitoring quals mailbox
> Updating KL tracker (for docs KL team)
>
> i hope this request is clear.
>
> let me know if you have any questions.
>
> your help is much appreciated.
>
> sharath

> Some important links for excel users:
> 1. Follow us on TWITTER for tips tricks and links :
> http://twitter.com/exceldailytip
> 2. Join our LinkedIN group @ http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1871310
> 3. Excel tutorials at http://www.excel-macros.blogspot.com
> 4. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.quickvba.blogspot.com
> 5. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com

> Like our page on facebook , Just follow below link
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/discussexcelcom/160307843985936?v=wall&ref=ts

Deepak Rai