Hi,
I am very new to VBA. I know C++.I have few questions related to Excel
programming.I posted this before but I guess people has not understood
it. So pls kindly go thru below questions and provide your expert
answer on this. Pls make sure that I am not looking for Excel in-built
functions and I am looking for automation thru VBA for Excel or stand
alone C# or VB application for Excel.

1) I have two xls files Rate.xls and Bill.xls. Rate.xls file contains
two columns which has heading ItemNo and ItemRate.Now I want that in
bill.xls when I enter ItemNo and quantity then final price should be
calculated. For this I need that when I enter ItemNo it takes its
rate
from Rate.xls (I mean program should search itemNo and take row
number
so same number can be used to find rate from second column by giving
proper cell ref) and multiply with quantity and put final price in
next column.So how to do this?I dont need to make rate.xls visible to
user(if possible).
2)Where shound I find complete documentation of All APIs.I didnt find
good book which covers some functionalities like finding particular
value in xls file and return row or column or cell ref for that, find
first empty row and column.
3)How to use C# for excel programming. What should be installed for
this. I have visual studio 2008 and Office 2003. Apart from that what
I need to install.I heard about Office Tools,but I dont know how to
install.

If these questions are already answered then pls send me link to that
post so I can read and understand it.

I hope some expert will reply asap.

One can also send reply to premalpanc...@gmail.com
Thak you very much in advance.