Ashish,
1. Your code worked from your example.
2. in my other tests, I added added the "= 1" I had, and some of my
test sheets worked.
3. It didnt work when i put it into my sheet where I needed it,
GetAsyncKeyState(vbKeyLButton) = 1 And &H8000 but it didnt work
4. I opened a fresh excel, pasted your code and it worked.
5. My sheet has macro enabled, so I saved your test book as xlsm and
your test still works.
6. I can create a new sheet in my excel, and the code works on that
sheet. so some sheets it works, others it does not.
7. On the sheet I need to trap the mouse, all code in your test works,
except the left mouse. In other sheets it traps everything
8. When I use only
MsgBox GetAsyncKeyState(vbKeyLButton)
in my Worksheet_SelectionChange, it shows just 0 (zero).

<start>
*rips hair out*
</start>

Anyone have ideas on how to determine why my sheet doesnt work, but a
blank fresh one does?