With Microsoft Excel 2003, using the "Web Query" feature, I record a
macro, put the URL of the website into the New Web Query and that
opens a new instance of Internet Explorer.  Using the Web Query, I go
to a specific table within the tables on the web page and select the
table that I want to get the data from and the Web Query copies the
data and pastes it into Excel.  The website that I am getting the data
from requires a login and password.  I wrote some VBA code to send the
username and password and that works at first, however, if I use this
web query several times in one day and after using the Web Query
several times, I am logged into that website many times and I begin
getting error messages and the Web Query does not grab any data.

Is it possible for the Web Query to to switch to the existing, already
opened and logged into IE and grab that data and paste it into Excel,
instead of opening a new browser window every time the query is run?

Or, if that is not possible, is it possible, to run the macro that
uses the login and password, but then, after copying the data, have
the query automatically logout and close the new instance of IE?