*If two geographical data match in two sheets, then add/copy/replicate
unique id/code*

Hi guys, this is my problem.

I have a geographical data (divided into four colums per REGION, PROVINCE,
MUNICIPALITY/TOWN, and BARANGAY/STREET) in one sheet. This sheet contains a
UNIQUE GEOGRAPHICAL CODE that IS NUMERICAL IN NATURE.

Now, I have also another sheet which lists the same geographical data
(divided into four colums per REGION, PROVINCE, MUNICIPALITY/TOWN, and
BARANGAY/STREET). The geographic areas included in this sheet are recipients
of one government program. But this sheet does not contain the UNIQUE
GEOGRAPHICAL CODE.

What I would like to do is to match the geographical data found in two
sheets, and if they match, copy/replicate/add the UNIQUE GEOGRAPHICAL CODE
found in sheet to the other sheet that does not contain the code.

I would like to include the geographical code, so that it would become the
primary key when I create a database in MS Access.

This is the example

SHEET 1
A B C D E
0019 REGION I BASILAN PROVINCE TIPO MUNICIPALITY BORAS STREET

*Column A contains the UNIQUE GEOGRAPHICAL CODE

SHEET 2
A B C D
REGION I BASILAN PROVINCE TIPO MUNICIPALITY BORAS STREET

*Sheet 2 contains only 20k entries of geographical areas while Sheet 1
contains about 40k entries. Only half of the geographical areas are included
in the government program

Can you help me?

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Shaik Waheed <waheedb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Right Click on the pivot table, select Pivot Tabel Options, move to
> 'Data' tab and then Uncheck- "Enable Show Details".
> For the date format i think its working fine in both rows n columns.
>
> Regards,
> Waheed.
>
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Prabhu <prabhugate...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > HI All,
> > Plz find the pivot table sheet.
> > kindly help.
> > Regards,
> > Prabhu
> >
> > --

> > Some important links for excel users:
> > 1. Follow us on TWITTER for tips tricks and links :
> > http://twitter.com/exceldailytip
> > 2. Join our LinkedIN group @ http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1871310
> > 3. Excel tutorials at http://www.excel-macros.blogspot.com
> > 4. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.quickvba.blogspot.com
> > 5. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com

> > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> > Like our page on facebook , Just follow below link
> > http://www.facebook.com/discussexcel

> Some important links for excel users:
> 1. Follow us on TWITTER for tips tricks and links :
> http://twitter.com/exceldailytip
> 2. Join our LinkedIN group @ http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1871310
> 3. Excel tutorials at http://www.excel-macros.blogspot.com
> 4. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.quickvba.blogspot.com
> 5. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com

> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> Like our page on facebook , Just follow below link
> http://www.facebook.com/discussexcel

--
*John Alliage Tinio Morales*
*Researcher**

DISCLAIMER:
This Message may contain confidential information intended only for the use
of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you received this message in
error please notify your Mail Administrator and delete this message
immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of GMA Network, Inc.