Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2011 2:29 PM
To: MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS
Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ Plotting without zero's at end of plot

I have a sheet where I am listing the data (numbers) in columns. I add
data at the bottom of the columns as I get it.  I plot a single column
of data using the offset function within a Named range to set the data
to plot against the number of data points input; plus a few blank rows
(e.g. 30) below the data to make the chart look good.

Named range "CashFlow" =OFFSET(Poker!$G$3,0,0,COUNTA(Poker!$G$3:$G
$1004)+30,1)

Source for chart: Series Values =Poker.xls!CashFlow

I auto scale based on the offset function; testing for the data in the
column. E.G. COUNTA.  No issues there.

I am using another column to filter the data in the first column to
show a subset of the data in the first column.  I use formulas in the
second column to filter the data.  The formulas are filled in for a
1000+ rows.  When I try the same technique to plot the second column I
get the data plus a few rows below the data with zeros in the plot.
e.g. The plot goes to zero at the end for the rows below the data with
formulas in the cells.  I have cut off the extra rows; it works; but
does not look the same as the first chart.  Specifically: Plot goes
all the way to the right side of the chart.  >>

Ideas on making the second plot with a few extra rows that do not plot
as zeros?  Where to add the rows? In the named range or in the source
for the plot?  And how?