I have a report that is run daily.  Every day the end user answers
among other things, what was yesterdays weather.  They answer by
selecting the appropriate picture and clicking it.  My excel workbook
then uses VBA to copy the appropriate reference picture and pastes it
in to the daily report.

For more than 4 years, everyday when the new picture is pasted excell
has automatically sequentially numbered the picture next in line.  If
the last picture yesterday was 4,626 todays weather picture becomes
Picture 4627 as shown in the name box.  This had worked for more than
4 years.

Now it has quit functioning and instead of making the picture a new
sequentially numbered name, it is retaining the name of the reference
picture.  I only have 30 reference pictures so the names are repeating
quite often and this is becoming a problem.  I need my old unique
names back and I do not know what has occurred to change how this is
handled.

I did inadvertently open and modify the workbook in Excel 2010 and I
am afraid it may have overwritten some of the Objects or Properties
which changed how the pictures are handled.

Can anyone please assist me in getting my excel back to assigning
sequential numbers?

Don