From: excel-macros@googlegroups.com [mailto:excel-macros@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of B.N.Chethan Kumar
Sent: October 28, 2011 5:38 PM
To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ Number Formats in French

Hi Kent,

I have attached the file with custom format. Kindly check if these help.

Regards
Chethan Kumar BN
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 9:57 PM, HarryP Knuckles
<kent.bouc...@tbs-sct.gc.ca<mailto:kent.bouc...@tbs-sct.gc.ca>> wrote:
Hi guys!
            I have a quick question regarding formats. I have to
convert english accounting procedures into French accounting
procedures.

In English one thousand dollars is equal to $1,000.00.
In French one thousand dollars is equal to 1 000,00.

the difference is that the comma before a thousand is replaced with a
space AND our decimal is replaced with a comma and NO dollar sign.

Another example is:

In English one thousand dollars is equal to $9,555,333.00.
In French one thousand dollars is equal to 9 555 333,00.

Can you help me create this custom format? Your help is great
appreciated!!

Thank you,
Kent

B.N Chetan kumar

5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
signatures are prohibited.

NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum