I said there could be errors, and I spotted one immediately :)  -- I forgot
some parenthesis.  Here it is corrected:

Dim rng As Range

    ' Handle Column 8 Changes

    for each rng in Application.Intersect(Target, Me.Columns(8)).areas

        If Not rng is Nothing then

            ' the following uses an array formula to calculate a number of
cells at once

            rng.offset(0, -2).Value2 = me.evaluate("IF((" & rng.address &
")=""BILLED"",""Booked"",(" & rng.offset(0, -2).address & "))")

        End If

    next rng

    ' Handle  Column 6 Changes

    for each rng in Application.Intersect(Target, Me.Columns(6)).areas

        If Not rng is Nothing then

            ' the following uses an array formula to calculate a number of
cells at once

            rng.offset(0, 2).Value2 = me.evaluate("IF((" & rng.address &
")=""OPEN"",""UnBilled"",(" & rng.offset(0, -2).address & "))")

        End If

    next rng

End Sub

Asa