Hello Maries

Thanks for the express fast reply :-)

This works beautifully for me and exactly as I had hoped for. Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.

Thanks

Ashish Pradhan

On 03-04-2012 02:11, Maries wrote:
Hi,

PFA.

Regards,

MARIES.

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 9:27 PM, Ashish Pradhan <ashlyprad...@gmail.com <mailto:ashlyprad...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hello

    I need a bit of a help with the attached excel file. (Formula
    would be best as I want to avoid the use of Macros / VBA)

    The attached excel file has two sheets:

    Cheque Entries Sheet:
    I shall be inserting data in Columns E, F, G, H and I on a regular
    basis. (Entries shall also be made in Columns A to D, however, I
    do not think they are relevant to my query).

    Bank Details Sheet:

    In this sheet, there are two main headers, [JKSB Bank Balances
    Log] and [SVC Bank Balances Log]; Here I want the columns from E
    to I in Sheet 'Cheque Entries' to be automatically updated in the
    proper section in Sheet Bank Details as per the name of the bank.

    That is, if the name of the bank mentioned in Column H in Cheque
    Entries Sheet is JKSB, I would like to automatically add columns E
    to I in Cheque Entries Sheet under the JKSB Bank Log section in
    Columns D to H BELOW the last entry. A row would most probably
    have to be added.

    Similarly,

    If the name of the bank mentioned in Column H in Cheque Entries
    Sheet is SVC, I would like to automatically add columns E to I in
    Cheque Entries Sheet under the SBC Bank Log section in Columns D
    to H BELOW the last entry. A row would most probably have to be added.

    I hope I have managed to express my query.

    Additional Information : Version of Excel used = 2003 (SP3)

    Any help in this would be highly appreciated.
    File Attached: Test.xls

    Thanks in advance

    Ashish
-- FORUM RULES (986+ members already BANNED for violation)

    1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like
    Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and
    Need Advice will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

    3) Don't post questions regarding breaking or bypassing any
    security measure.

    5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this
    forum in signatures are prohibited.

    NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a
    workbook. Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.