Sigh, the things I know I don't know are increasing faster than the things
I know.

I get a 1004 error on the assignment to stoprowdata below. Sheets(RawData)
has been used successfully before so I do not think that is wrong.  So I
assume the problem is
in the rest of the statement.  But if so I would have thought the compile
would fail but it did not.   Along with the solution to this if I get one I
would appreciate getting any tips on
how to debug this as the error statement and help on it was not informative
to me at least and not sure how I could break this down into smaller pieces
to see what is failing.

    Dim startrawdata As Integer
    Dim stoprawdata As Integer

    contangoindex = 2
    stoprawdata = Sheets(RawData).UsedRange.Offset(-1).Rows.Count  'end of
the RawData columns

Also since the above statement did not work I assume if it gets to the
statement below that will fail too.  ConDate and BarDate are column header