I'm looking for assistance in fixing a problem a user found.

I have a form created in Excel 2010.  All cells on the form were locked -
then specific cells were unlocked.  This allowed the users to only modify
the 'blank' fields in the form.
The worksheet was then protected using Protect Sheet button in the Review
tab.
The only option selected under the "Allow all users of this worksheet to:"
is Select Unlocked Cells.    (Although I have also tried checking the
Format Cells option too with the same outcome.)

The worksheet is protected and users are only allowed to enter text into
the appropriate cells/fields as I intended.
However, if a user wants to go back and edit something that was already
typed in, they are unable to do so.

Normally, you would see the text in the formula bar to edit, or
double-click and edit.  Neither option is available.
There are a couple cells where users may type in several sentances.  If
they try to go back to correct/add/edit all text in that cell deletes as
soon as one character is typed.  Truly not friendly to the users.

What option did I miss?  Help!!

David -
Kansas City