From: excel-macros@googlegroups.com [mailto:excel-macros@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Asa Rossoff
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 7:42 PM
To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: $$Excel-Macros$$ NAND memory flash-drive, writing from Excel to
a text file

Hi Pascal,

Actually, my feeling is that your code is leaving a file handle open
unneccesarily and you are having a file sharing/locking violation on FAT32
volumes -- since you only need to have one file handle open at a time, your
code should be correctable (unless VBSCRIPT has some strange bug).

Interesting thought about optics.  One issue with any reusable media is that
it has to be physically changed to store information.  Current optical media
receive more destructive changes and require more energy for those changes
than magnetic media.  I imagine the death of removable optical media like
CD/Blu Ray, and being replaced by centralized internet storage and next gen
flash media.  Transmission of data might be more and more wireless, or when
wired, more and more fiber-optic.

Asa