From: Babak H
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 2:32 PM
To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ Dynamic Worksheet Reference

Hello,

I am new to this group and I am unsure if this topic was covered in the past so
I apologize in advance.

Problem: I have external worksheets that i get on a montly basis (Naming
convention is the same and the date gets updated. I.E. "Report May 2012.xls",
"Report April 2012.xls")
I have another worksheet where I summarize these reports. In this summary
report I would like to create a dynamic formula that could possibly reference a
cell that contains the updated "date" (i.e. June 2012) and      simply just
drag my formula down to fill in the report.

I have tried the =indirect() function however, that only works when the
worksheet is open which doesn't work for me in this purpose. I have tried
various avenues, some silly some advanced but I have not been able to come to a
solution. Any direction on this issue would be GREATLY appreciated. --

5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
signatures are prohibited.

NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum